Saturday, March 10, 2012

Anonymity questions

I've been wanting to share a self-realization.  In regards, to my...hmmm..personality, I suppose. And wanting to share it here, because it's something I realized through my recovery.  But.....I'm not sure if this blog is meant to continue.  Recently, I've heard some conflicting thoughts on the tradition of anonymity.  And there is some debate over whether a blog such as mine might be breaking tradition.  Which I would never want to do.

 I so feel it's only my own anonymity that I'm breaking.  I also believe that having a personal blog requires me to share who I am.   And part of who I am is an alcoholic.  Much of who I am has been shaped by the program.  Part of who I am is a person who believes that the steps can benefit everyone - not just alcoholics.  Which is why I started this blog.  Not to promote twelve step programs but to share my own strength, experience and hope with others.  To share what has helped me.

But at the same time, since the program is so special to me and dear to my heart, I have to take the objections seriously.  Which means, I will pray about whether I should continue this blog.  Which means you may or may not hear about my latest self-realization.  At least here.

No comments:

Post a Comment