Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thy Will Be Done

Often I don't know what I want.  Sometimes I think I do and then realize I don't.  I'm faced with indecision frequently.  Thankfully, I know to pray that His will be done.

My sponsor has 'suggested' that I read the prayer on pages 86-87 of the big book.  I'll admit, that at first I did so with not much enthusiasm.  Today, however, when my morning just doesn't feel quite right and I realize that I've failed to read that prayer, I feel like I've stumbled upon the key.

This morning was one such morning.  I read all my devotions and my Bible verses and still did not feel calm.  I'm realizing that when God gave me the word, 'quiet' for the year, He was speaking of my mind.  I have an unquiet mind.

The pages in the big book, help quiet me down inside.  The words are not actually prayer words but rather instruction on how rightly to pray.  If paraphrased into a prayer, they might look something like this:





"Good morning, God.  Rather than making plans for the day, I am humbly asking that You would direct my thinking, separating it from all self-pity, dishonesty and self-seeking motives. Today when I face indecision, remind me to ask You for inspiration, an intuitive thought or a decision.  Then I can relax and take it easy.  Please show me throughout the day what each next step ought to be and please provide whatever I might need to take care of any problems which arise. Remind me to pause when agitated or doubtful and ask for the right thought or action.  I know that I am no longer running the show. Let my heart and mind meditate on what  Your son reminds us to pray: "Thy will be done".  Amen. 






submitting at Playdates with God

2 comments:

  1. I, too, know indecision. I've learned that Jesus was more than just wise when He shared those words with us: He was tender and loving.

    What a gift: how He showed you such truth this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the big book. I love how God knows just what we need. Quiet...a very good word.

    ReplyDelete