Sunday, September 4, 2011

Practice an Attitude of Gratitude

This morning, my husband woke up grouchy.  Flat-out grumpy and snappy.  He didn't see it but luckily for him, I'm on top of it.  After listening to him kvetch for a while, I asked him if he'd written a gratitude list lately.

He asked if I had.

 "Um, more recently than you," I responded.

 Lame.

I think this is the point of getting your own house in order.


One of the first things a good sponsor asks of a new sponsee, is that they write out a gratitude list.  That, and a definition of what makes a good friend.

 But today, I'm thinking about gratitude.  I need to be thinking about gratitude every day.  And I'm revealing this here because I remembered that this was one of the first requirements made of me when I was new in sobriety.

Here is just a bit of what I'm grateful for today:

stained glass
Candle chandeliers
The Light
lazy Sundays for the body but not the mind
family
coffee with friends
God's mercy


Also, I would love it if this could be a community.  I didn't want to do a blog hop because I didn't want people's posts subject only by the whim of a few who might read the links.  I really would like to be able to post here, other's thoughts.  I am open to suggestions for how that might work.

1 comment:

  1. There are quite a few bloggers who feature posts by "guests" on their blogs. I think most solicit contributions from bloggers or others they know. So I'd recommend just asking a few who blog on the same kinds of topics you do to write something for your blog. Good luck. :D

    ReplyDelete