Thursday, December 1, 2011

Admitting

Words maybe more than ever mark their significance in my life. Their healing power, their destructive power, the need for, the lack which can scar.

And I need to be here, working these steps. Admitting I'm powerless. Admitting I'm addicted to any number of things, but that it's only God who can restore me to sanity.


And in the tumult which is my current life state I remember that 'This,too,shall pass.'

One way or another it will.  I don't know the outcome.  I can only control my own actions, my own words.
I am powerless over other people.

I listen now for God's will to be revealed in my life, for the promises to be fulfilled.  And it's hard right now.  But I know where to go.  And I know that secrets kill, so I admit.  I admit that I am powerless.  That I'm reworking my steps.  I keep coming back.

1 comment:

  1. For a control freak like me, admitting I don't know the outcome and then force myself to really be ok with that is tough.

    Powerless is hard, but I love what you say about secrets, and revealing that you understand the power they hold.

    ReplyDelete