Sunday, August 14, 2011

Remain to Pray

This is scary; this blog.

 I will relapse.  That I can assure you.

By the grace of God, I will not relapse and drink but it's as certain as I am human that I will relapse in regards to my ego.  Or my self will.  Because I give it to Him and then take it back - daily.

I have learned to work the steps daily, an ability I developed through discipline.  I have learned that to not do this would be detrimental to my program and my walk with God.  I have also learned that recovery involves "...sharing experience, strength and hope." - Foreward to Third Edition AA


It is the sharing which is scary.

But from one sinner to another, one human to another, I seek, in this journey to share my struggles and my victories.  I seek to diligently and humbly allow God to take my life.

And so casting away the fear because it is not of Him, I come here.  Because I believe, truly, that there is so much strength to be gained, so much truth to be found and so much joy to be experienced through this process.  I have found it and I feel compelled to share it.

"Frothy emotional appeal seldom suffices.  The message which can interest and hold these...people must have depth and weight.  In nearly all cases, their ideals must be grounded in a power greater than themselves, if they are to re-create their lives."-"The Doctor's Opinion" Silkworth, William D.

Dear God, You, I believe have placed this on my heart.  You are The message of depth and weight.  Ground my ideals in You, Lord. Recreate my life according to Your will.

Yes, much, if not most, of what is here is from the book of Alcoholic's Anonymous.  I share it not with the alcoholic but with anyone seeking to "re-create their lives", anyone needing more of God and less of self, anyone who has grown "restless, irritable and discontented".

"...and though perhaps he came to scoff, he may remain to pray." - "The Doctor's Opinion, Silkworth

"One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.  They will tell of the power of your awesome works and I will proclaim your great deeds.  They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.  The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.  The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made.  All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will extol you.  They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.  Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made.  The Lord upholds all who are bowed down. " Psalm 145:4-14

No comments:

Post a Comment