Friday, August 26, 2011

Worrying about Myself

"Live and let live."  I have a hard time with this.  Most notably with those I live with.  I want to micromanage their lives.  I'm intolerant.  Which means, I'm not working on my own stuff.  Because I'm too busy working on their's.

I suppose if I'm honest, I can find area where I'm intolerant outside my home.  Where I secretly want to micromanage the lives of even people I don't live with.  Who do I think I am?  God?

And then I get all bent out of shape because I let it affect me.  I pick up the cards.  When I shouldn't even be in the game.

Lisa Whittle talks about Owning our Stuff.  Taking responsibility for our own crap.  And how frustrating is when other's don't.

I have found myself guilty of five out five things Whittle says happen when we are "burdened by the desire for someone to own their stuff.  I take it personally, I try to force them to own it, I judge...you get the picture. A bunch of burden I just don't need.

How about instead, I live and let live.

How bout I worry about myself for a while.

It's a daily battle, this.  And it encompasses all sorts of hard honesty.  And I try and I fail and I try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment